Thursday, November 3, 2011

Response to Lecture: Drawing Oct. 11th

On this Tuesday we finally got some hands on experience with art! I was beginning to think that we may not do any hands-on activities like this in the class and I was very glad that we had the opportunity to learn how to draw, even though I may always be hopeless at it J I thought it was very interesting how the drawing was made up into six sections and really just looked like a bunch of lines in the beginning. After we got to the fourth portion of the upside-down Picasso drawing I realized that we were drawing a man in a suit.  It was also very nice to draw to music, and I think drawing to music kind of put us all at ease (for those of us who have art anxiety) and helped us to a better job.  Unfortunately, towards the end of the drawing when I saw the face of the man we drew, I was running out of paper and my artistic drawing took a shrunken head form. Overall I was very pleased with that class’s lesson and hope Mr. Z decides to let us try drawing something different, or even having a class activity such as painting, paper mache or sculpting! Another part of the lecture that helped was afterwards when Mr. Z explained to all of us that we all have everything it takes to draw muscle wise and that all we have to do is practice to get better. I hope he’ll give us a chance to practice more drawings like that in class, I think the portions of the picture being broken into sections really helped because like Mr. Z said, drawing is just a bunch of lines. I don’t think I’ll ever be great at drawing but I would like more practice so that I can at least get through a game of Pictionary without confusing everyone that’s on my team

No comments:

Post a Comment