Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Who Am I? What is Art? Response to Video Blog Lecture.

My name is Nichole Eddleman. I am 23 years old, a proud army wife, I
work full-time in finance and accounting at a manufacturing company,
and this semester I am also a full-time student attending Fullerton
College and Cypress College. After working on it for too many years, I
will be receiving my AA in Business Administration from Fullerton
College at the end of this semester, and then  beginning in Spring of
2012, I will be a full-time student at Cal-State Fullerton pursuing my
bachelors degree in business administration with an emphasis on
accounting. This is the first art class I have ever taken in my life,
and so far it isn’t what I had expected from an art class.

When I thought of art class before I would think of walking through
the art halls and seeing amazing sketches, photos, sculptures, and
paintings created by students of the art department, but our class has
been focused much more on the history, concepts, and appreciation of
art. Last week we were doing video blogs in class. I was excited about
the video blogs but unfortunately I was unable to make mine during
class because Cypress’ internet connection had too many things
blocking me from accessing the internet, so my 1st video blog will
have to wait.

Mr. Z asked us to write –What is Art? There is no single answer, and
not everyone will agree on a definition. In fact, art lacks a
satisfactory definition. It is easier to describe it as the way
something is done – "the use of skill and imagination in the creation
of aesthetic objects, environments, or experiences that can be shared
with others” (Britannica Online) -- rather than what it is. An object
regarded as Art today may not have been perceived as such when it was
first made, nor was the person who made it necessarily regarded as an
artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment