Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Project: Visit Museum of Latin American Art (MOLAA)

I liked the Museum of Latin American Art (MOLAA) a lot because they have the type of art collections that show a lot of emotion. Many works were very dark indicating death or mourning, while many of their works were also bright and colorful indicating the celebration of life. I also found that Latin American Art is a lot more unique and diversified compared to a lot of the art we studied in our art book. This museum has more contemporary art than the Bowers Museum and has a lot of works that I would probably keep in my own home. It was well worth the long drive for me, entry for students is cheaper than at the Bowers Museum, and I am glad that they were open until 9pm on Thursday so that I didn't have to take any time off of work to see the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment